Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How I look at recovery

It just came to me!

I look at recovery like a little baby looks at life.

When your first coming into alanon it's a new environment and your scared to look at life the way other people in the program see it.

When your one year in the program it's like your just getting the jist of how to live your life based on the steps and your feeling more confortable in the environment that your in.

When your in for 2 or more years it's like your starting to really grow and really get a grasp of what lies ahead and you start really knowing how to live your life through the work of these twelve steps.

Recovery is a life long journey you will have ups and downs and you will always know the true meaning of why you come to meetings.

I love going to meetings it has really opened my eyes to who I really am today and I love the person I am today because I know how to live my life the way I live it today. I have learned how to live one day at a time.

I think thats all for today

Kinley

No comments:

Post a Comment